Do You Know How one can Burn Fats?
When it comes to fitness and weight loss, you bombard the media and the internet with a variety of ideas. It seems everyone from the taxi driver to the late night lounge singer has advice on losing weight. Here at fitnessrxwomen.com we know how difficult it can be to separate fitness facts from fiction. That is why we only publish solid scientific information. We believe science will help you decide what is really good and what just sounds good.
But that means there is a lot to remember. To see if you were paying attention, we’ve put together a quiz. Every question was pulled from the archives of fitnessrxwomen.com. Read through the following statements, make a mental note of whether you think they are true or false, and check your answers against the correct ones below.
1. Right or wrong: An electronic waist belt is an easy way to get a chiseled six pack abs.
2. Right or wrong: Monounsaturated fats should be avoided in a healthy diet.
3. Right or wrong:: If you eat fewer calories than you use during metabolism and exercise, you will lose weight.
4. Right or wrong: Cellulite creams, especially those with aminophylline, have been shown to be the best way to get rid of “cottage cheese thighs”.
5. Right or wrong: While lifting weights builds muscle, it does little to help burn fat.
6. Right or wrong: Low-intensity exercise is better than high-intensity exercise for burning fat.
7. Right or wrong: Eating a high fiber diet will help you lose body fat.
8. Right or wrong: Your typical gourmet café latte is roughly 10 calories.
9. Right or wrong: Eliminating fat in your diet is all you need to get rid of cellulite from your body.
10. Right or wrong: Leg raises and squats are the only way to get a healthy and toned lower body and leaner thighs and hips.
1. Wrong. Flexing your muscles electronically while at your desk and / or working from home is more science fiction than science. The Federal Trade Commission previously accused three electronic waist belt manufacturers of false information. While electrical muscle stimulation is effective in maintaining muscle mass after surgery, it is not effective in developing fitness. The best way to chisel your abs is with strict diet, cardio workouts, and exercises to strengthen the abdomen.
2. Wrong. Monounsaturated fats, like those found in olive oil, are good for you and will actually help you lose body fat and improve heart and blood vessel health. Nutritionists found that after consuming olive oil (monounsaturated fat), the body uses more fat than cream (saturated fat). The study suggests that people looking to lose body fat and want to use more fat for fuel should replace monounsaturated fats with saturated fats.
3. Right. If you ask a health professional, you will get the same answer: the best way to lose weight is to exercise more and eat less.
4. Wrong. While it would be great just to apply cream and melt the excess padding off your thighs, creams are more of a hype than a help. Health professionals agree that up to more research, expensive creams may only decrease your bank account and not your cellulite.
5. Wrong. Lifting weights increases muscle mass, which is the main tissue for increasing metabolism and burning calories. Follow the strength training advice on fitnessrxwomen.com to fuel your metabolic fire without making your body bigger. To really burn that fat, combine weight training with cardiovascular exercises like walking, swimming, or cycling.
6. Wrong. You lose fat by burning more calories than you absorb. You will burn a lot more calories if you exercise intensely than if you exercise slowly. The body does not metabolize fats itself. Instead, the fat metabolism is integrated into the carbohydrate and protein metabolism. So it doesn’t matter where the calories come from; everything balances out. Exercising hard will cause you to burn more calories and fat after exercising. So when you’re trying to lose fat, you work harder and you burn more total calories.
7. Right. Recent scientific studies have shown that people on a high-fiber / low-fat diet lost three times as much weight as people on a low-fat diet alone.
8. Wrong. While a cup of black coffee is around 10 calories, a latte or mocha with half and half sugar, sugar, and whipped cream is around 600 calories. So watch what you add to your daily dose of Java.
9. Wrong. Exercise and eating fewer calories than necessary is the best way to minimize cellulite buildup. Improved diet, weight training, and cardiovascular exercise are the best formula for getting rid of cellulite.
10. Wrong. If you just do a few specific exercises without an improved diet and cardio program, you won’t get there any faster than you’d like to drive a car without a steering wheel. Eating sensible diet is an important step in losing extra fat, and your heart is an excellent fat burning muscle. Before starting any program, make sure you have all of the key elements for success.
How did you do it
Count the number of correct answers and see where you rank.
0-2 correct: Aspiring fitness fan. It’s never too late to start a fitness program. fitnessrxwomen.com is your best source of advice on shedding extra pounds and looking great. Start today!
3-5 correct: Calorie counter. You are on your way to becoming a fat loss expert. Keep it up!
6-8 correct: Fitness expert. Your fat burning IQ is very impressive. If you don’t already have a fit, sexy, and toned body, you are on your way.
9-10 correct: Fitness guru. When you walk into a room, excess grease runs and hides in a corner. Congratulations on your overwhelming knowledge of fat loss.