Find out how to Make the Good Roasted Hen
Buying pre-made roast chicken at the grocery store may seem easy, but with a high load of sodium and fat they can put a strain on your body. The solution? Fry it yourself! Bonus: The leftovers can be made into new lunch options and the bones can be used for stash! Serve with oven-roasted vegetables for a perfect meal!
Thank you for watching!Visit the website
Perfectly grilled chicken
Completed in: 2.5 hours
- 5 pounds of fried chicken
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 orange, halved
- 1 lemon, halved
- 4 slices of oranges or lemons (or a combination of both)
What you will need
- Wire mesh
- Large frying pan or baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
- Wash the chicken and dry with paper towels. Brush the chicken inside and out with sea salt and pepper. Place the rosemary and garlic under the skin. Squeeze half of the lemon and orange all over the chicken. Cut the remaining half of the lemon into wedges and the orange into slices; Use to fill the cavity.
- Place the bird breast breast up on a wire rack. Or loosely wrap the bird in foil and place it in a frying pan. Cook the bird breast up for 40 minutes.
- Turn the bird breast down and cook for another 40 minutes. Fry the breast breast upward for 30 to 40 minutes or until the skin is tanned.
- Before cutting, let the bird rest for 15-20 minutes to allow the juices to settle.
How to check if it’s cooked: If you have a meat thermometer, put it in the thickest part of the thigh (don’t let it touch the bone). When the temperature is 180 ° F, it’s done. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, just wiggle the drumstick – it should be able to move freely. But just to be on the safe side, stick a knife in your leg – the juices should run clear.
Nutrients per serving (3 ounces): Calories: 157, Total Fats: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1.4g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 75mg, Sodium: 70mg, Total Carbohydrates: 3g, Fiber: 0.6g, Sugar : 2 g, protein: 25 g, iron: 1.11 mg