Home Sports Betting On-line sports activities betting start in Virginia

On-line sports activities betting start in Virginia

85
0

ROANOKE, VA. (WDBJ) – The FanDuel Sportsbook app announced its launch in Virginia in a tweet on Thursday.

Through a partnership with the Washington Football Team, this is the first form of legal sports betting in the Commonwealth.

While FanDuel is the first operator to be licensed by the Virginia Lottery, the lottery states, “We anticipate more than one sportsbook will be able to place legal bets in time for the Super Bowl on February 7th Accept Virginians. “

“It varies from state to state which operators get licenses, but places like Points Bet, Draft Kings, William Hill, and Bet MGM would expect a lot more of those who come on board in the next two weeks, and that’s great for Weather to have the chance to look around, ”said Dan Kilbridge of Gambling.com.

All Virginians will benefit from legalization of online gambling.

Similar to the lottery, the state takes home 15% of the money generated by taxes.

2.5% of that goes to helping people with gambling problems, and the other 97.5% goes to the state’s general fund, which is used for education, infrastructure and more.

“Overall, the money that goes into sports betting will also be reinvested in the state, so in the long run it will really help the state,” said Nick Wojcik of Odds.com.

In order to place bets, you must be physically located in Virginia or any other state where online gambling is legal.

You will also need to link your financial information in order to deposit or withdraw funds.

“If you request a withdrawal from FanDuel in less than 24 hours, it will be transferred to your bank account. We take things like responsible gaming and consumer protection very seriously and ensure that our customers are of legal age and gamble within their means, ”said Mike Raffensperger, CMO of FanDuel Group.

Kilbridge offers tips to get you started safely: “Start slowly and think about how much you can afford to lose, how much you are willing to spend and if you make a deposit I would say you are Should feel comfortable if you lose the whole deposit. Hopefully not and you will succeed and make money, but there is no way you want to put more in your account where you will get into trouble. “

If you think you have a gambling problem, give 1-800-Gambler a call.

Copyright 2021 WDBJ. All rights reserved.