Preworkout Pancakes Recipe – Oxygen Journal
Protein-packed pre-workout pancake recipe
Completed in: 15 minutes
Power: 1 serving
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 2 egg whites *
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat, low-sodium cottage cheese
* Preferably from fresh eggs, not from a box, as this changes the consistency.
- Sugar-free maple syrup
- Put all ingredients in a blender and stir until smooth. If the batter is still thick, add another egg white. Place the dough in the refrigerator for 3 minutes while heating a pan over medium heat.
- Pour a third of the batter into the pan. When it starts bubbling, gently flip it over and cook the other side. Repeat with the remaining dough.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 380, Total Fats: 6g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 170mg, Total Carbohydrates: 35g, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 42 g, iron: 2 mg