Pumpkin Morning Glory Muffins – Oxygen Journal
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 apple, pitted, peeled and grated
- 1½ cups of carrot, peeled and grated
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup of dates, chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- Dash unrefined sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F. Line a muffin tin with paper cups or lightly brush with cooking spray.
- Mix the first 4 ingredients and the sea salt in a large bowl. Stir in apples, carrots, walnuts, dates and sunflower seeds until everything is well mixed.
- Whisk wet ingredients in a separate large bowl. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fill the muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrients per serving: 230 calories, 17g total fat, 10g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 17g total carbohydrates, 4g fiber, 11g sugar, 5g protein